Focus on our core mission of academic success
- Establish expectations for academic success
- Promote excellence in core areas of instruction, such as literacy/language arts, mathematics, science, and history/social sciences and in fine and performing arts.
- Foster critical thinking, effective and appropriate utilization of technology, creativity, innovation, resilience, and teamwork.
- Provide meaningful opportunities to participate in extracurriculars, including athletics, robotics, drama, speech and debate, and other student activities.
- Improve services for special education, students with disabilities, English language learners and gifted students.
Promote parental and family engagement in our children’s education
- Champion a parent- and family-centric service model that fosters positive and transparent communication between parents and schools.
- Promote family involvement in academic achievement, expectations and behavior.
- Encourage parent awareness of and participation in School Advisory Councils at the school and division level
- Ensure support for military families, non-traditional families and students from other backgrounds that may experience unique challenges in education.
Ensure our students learn in a secure and positive school environment
- Ensure adequate resources for keeping students physically safe at school.
- Advance a culture of caring by supporting student and staff mental health
- Refine crisis management readiness across our schools and offices
- Ensure security staff are consistent, visible, well-trained and effective
- Promote anti-bullying initiatives to address student behaviors efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that staff is supported, engaged and feels a strong sense of belonging